Hope has many special events throughout the year: from our Good Friday Tenebrae and joyful Easter sunrise services to the Angel Tree present drive at Christmastime, we celebrate the seasons and story of God’s love with community and church.
- Soup Supper: We invite you to join us during the Advent and Lent season for supper before our 7:00 p.m. Worship Service. Enjoy fellowship, fun, and pot luck or catered dinner.
Senior High Youth
- Big Dalton: Food, Fellowship and Fun takes place in the Spring annually where we gather together to Praise the Lord. Pastor leads a hike, potluck dinner, worship music and worship service around a bonfire located at Big Dalton here in Glendora.
- Advent by Candlelight: Sponsored by our Women’s Ministry
- Harvest Festival: Family fun filled night for all during the Fall season
- Vacation Bible School: Fun for all during the Summer!
- Hope Family Campout: Bring your own camping gear and we will supply the food!
- Tuition Assistance Auction: Held in the Spring to support Hope Families in need of Tuition Support.
- Christmas Programs: Preschool and Day School performances held in early December annually.
Hope Lutheran is dedicated to community outreach our Missions and Ministries team here at Hope works closely with our congregation and the below organizations to provide necessary means of support.
- Love Inc: Hope supports Love Inc. by organizing, folding and processing clothing and materials for those in need. We support the volunteers running the service and also collect donations from our congregation to support the cause. During the holiday season we sponsor creation and distribution of Thanksgiving boxes to local families.
- Angel Tree: Hope helps to transform the lives of children whom have a parent in prison by providing them with christmas gifts showing them the love and support. Angel Tree provides an opportunity to share God’s love by helping to meet physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the families of the prisoners.
- Holiday Mail for Heroes: This drive supported by our church and school members supports the Red Cross in sending cards to wish our overseas troops a Merry Christmas and offer them a prayer.
- Cory’s Kitchen: Hope supports feeding the homeless during the holidays through Cory’s Kitchen, a local outreach program.
- Operation Christmas Child: With support from our congregation and our schools we help provide items to build boxes with toys, school supplies and more for children in need for Operation Christmas Child.
- Spark of Love: We provide toys to the Glendora Fire department, who deliver the toys in their fire engines to children in need during the holidays.